University of Georgia bus drivers take pride in their ability to prevent many accidents each day, making Campus Transit one of the safest systems in the nation. You can help prevent injury by following these safety tips:
- Stay back from the curb until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Cross the street behind the bus. This helps you to see and be seen by other motorists.
- Do not walk between two stopped buses. Buses will occasionally roll back slightly when the brakes are released.
- When driving another vehicle, do not pass a stopped bus unless you are in a passing zone.
- If you ride a bicycle, skateboard, or roller blades, do not hang on to the rear of the bus or follow too closely. The bus may stop unexpectedly.
For your safety and for that of others, please observe the following:
- Be ready to get on or off the bus when it stops. Drivers are instructed not to open the doors again once they begin to re-enter traffic.
- No passengers are allowed to ride in front of the yellow standee line.
- Drivers are instructed to load and unload at bus stops only.
- If standing, please move to the center of the bus. Drivers are instructed not to move the bus with people standing in unsafe locations.
- If you are traveling with a stroller or other wheeled device, be sure to lock the wheels or maintain control of your property while the bus is in motion.
- Shirt and shoes are required on the bus at all times.